Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Florida (North)


We recently got back from our trip to Florida and we have been non stop since. Brian has been working and myself traveling the coast with my sister. So it is nice to be home but I am sure soon I will be ready for another adventure. When we went to Florida we started out in St. Augustine, Gainesville, Orlando, and then head South to West Palm Beach and then to South Beach with good friends. This is where I learned that Northern Florida is very different from Southern Florida...I enjoyed both. I also learned I love any kind of hot weather...even the humid kind of weather that most people can't stand :)

In St. Augustine we stayed in a hotel on the beach with amazing views of the ocean. We toured the city, played on the beach, and relaxed in the pool. We then toured Gainesville where Brian's grandfather grew up and we learned about his amazing mother Nell Foster Rogers. Brian's cousin showed us all around and had so much knowledge on Brian's family it was pretty remarkable. We visited Paynes Prairie and got way too close to alligators. It was amazing and scary at the same time. We really took full advantage of our days and learned as much as we could about Brian's family. Audrey enjoyed herself but I think some days we may have over did it...she was really off her schedule. Florida was overall amazing and we can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment